Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wow, that happened fast!

The semester is over, the cruise is done, even the day is coming to a close, but I am still moving...
I am currently updating my blog courtesy of the Swiss airport and their generous gift of a free hour of internet. This is my second stop and third airport of the day. I woke up at 6, breakfast with everyone this morning at 7 (that was a sad affair, saying goodbye sucks) then I was off to the Venetian Airport. There was some hiccup with the computer in relation to my flight information and I had to stand and wait for about 40 minutes (good thing there was only about 3 people in line behind me because I arrived a little over 2 hours early). At first my final destination was going to be Morocco, but after we realized that was just a continuation of the flight I am on to Abu Dhabi, I thought we would be alright. Nope. Then as she was assigning my seats, she started to furrow her brows and then she asked again for my passport and itinerary. Eventually her and the manager figured it out as I tried to avoid the death glares of the people waiting in line behind me. The nice lady checking me in told me it was the computer's fault. Not mine.... She must have to tell that to people a lot. 

The flight to Rome was a little less than an hour and I sat next to a very well traveled Italian business man who loves basketball and knows more about American teams than I do. He also likes to ski in the Aples and has been to Dubai 2 times on business. wow. 

Three hours in the Roman Airport with a lunch of salad and GLUTEN FREE PASTA! (From a microwaved container but still, I bought it because I could eat it. ) Watched part of the Matrix, moved gates because my flight was moved and then flew to Geneva Switzerland, where I am now. That flight was about an hour and mildly terrifying because for most of the descent looking out the window resulted in a whole lot of thick cloud. I was sure the pilots were going to land the plane by instruments only but then the clouds broke and we had a good, clear landing. 

My dinner here consisted of an espresso, a bag of trail mix and a granola bar. Yummy! I've been eying the bags of M&M's but I don't have any cash and they seem to have a minimum charge here for cards. Which sucks. My Espresso was me making my charge for the trail mix worth it. There isn't a lot to eat here past the passport station. Lots of bakery specialties, not a lot of Emi-friendly. 

We missed our port in Dubrovnik, Croatia because of really bad weather and winds reaching up to 45 knots (which apparently that ship can maneuver safely in up to 25 knots, so that gives you an impression as to why the Captain called it off. Instead we had a day at sea. I had a margarita and we went in the hot tub. Not bad, but still not Croatia.) The next day in Venice was pouring rain and we got off at high tide so we had soaking wet feet and walked on the risers which go up every tide. It was kinda fun, actually. 

Well I'll try to update a few times in Abu Dhabi, but I don't know when Noor will let me have enough time to do that ;) I also am pushing my internet time. 

I'm very sorry about all the spelling errors in that last post. I was embarrassed, but I was typing really quickly and had about 30 seconds to post it before my internet there ran out. 

Love to all

CHEERS
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment